What's New for TuneLab Pro
- New Inharmonicity Model - The old inharmonicity model using a best-fit approximation has been replaced with the new segmented model which was developed for the iPhone and Android versions of TuneLab. Read more...
- New Inharmonicity Measurement - The analysis of individual inharmonicity measurements has been improved to take into account more partials and to be more sensitive when measuring higher notes.
- Optimizations for Touchscreen - The user interface that was heavily slanted toward keyboard use has been enhanced to provide touchscreen alternatives for many functions. This includes tapping in the spectrum display to change notes. The toolbar buttons have also been enlarged to make them easier to tap with a finger on touchscreen devices.
- New Over-pull - The old over-pull with its history list and over-pull percentage has been replaced by the new two-phase method developed for the iPhone and Android versions. Read more...
- Input Calibration - The listening mode calibration has been improved to make it simpler to perform. TuneLab automatically locks on to the reference pitch and adjusts its calibration accordingly.
- Output Calibration - A new, faster output pitch calibration is provided to simplify the process of calibrating the sound generating mode.
- Expanded Options - Most of the advanced options that were previously supported through the separate TuneLabSettings.txt file have been implemented with a clear user interface inside the program. The TuneLabSettings.txt file is no longer used.
- Basic Offset and Temporary Offset Combined - In the previous versions of TuneLab there was a Temporary Offset that was easily adjustable and a Basic Offset that was more permanent. These two offsets were always added together inside TuneLab and did essentially the same thing. This new version of TuneLab combines the functions of both of these offsets into one term simply called the "Offset". It is adjustable just like the old Temporary Offset and it can be optionally stored in the tuning file just like the old Basic Offset. This simplification of the offsets should reduce the confusion associated with the two different offsets that did the same thing.