TuneLab for Android Phones and Tablets, v2.7
- Ideal tuning curves automatically adjusted to match any piano,
now with 3-part tuning, which
is well-suited to perfect 12th tuning.
- Automatic note switching, including "auto-all"
- Built-in context-sensitive help
- Automatic calculation of inharmonicity
- Phase display and Spectrum display for tuning
- Special pitch raise mode
- Historical (unequal) Temperaments
- More convenient licensing ("forever license")
Click here to see what's new in
(Tap or click the screenshot to Light Mode.)---->
TuneLab for Android is designed to run on an Android device with
Android 4.4 or later. You can try out TuneLab for free on your
device by installing the software in free-trial mode.
- In your Android device, enable the loading of apps from "unknown
sources". This setting is usually found under "Security" in your
device's settings. It may also be called "Allow installation of
non-Market applications". Check the option that says "Allow
installation of non-Market applications".
- Open a web browser to this page on your Android device.
- Tap on "AndroidTuneLab-2.7.apk"
to download that file to your Android device.
- After you download that file onto your device, it will be in the
Downloads folder in your device. Locate the Downloads, either from
within your browser or through a File Explorer app on your Android
device. Tap on the file. That will invoke the package installer
which will actually install the software onto your Android device.
As a separate operation, download the manual: TuneLabAndroidManual-2.7.pdf.
This is most easily done from your desktop or laptop computer where you
have the option of printing it or displaying it on a large screen. The
program itself has much of the same information as the manual in its
built-in help files, which are accessible from within the program. But for
the most complete documentation, the manual is the best source.
- To run TuneLab after it has been installed, from your Android home
page go to Apps.
- Within Apps, look for "Piano Tuner" with an icon that looks
like a tuning lever. Tap on this icon to run TuneLab.
- Initially TuneLab Piano Tuner runs in free-trial mode. In this mode it
has all the functions and abilities as the paid mode. But it will
display a message about free-trial mode for two minutes every 14 notes.
This is the only restriction in free-trial mode. In order to eliminate
these messages and pauses you can license your Android device for $300
- Go to www.tunelab-world.com/cart
and make arrangements for payment.
- When we receive payment we will send your license information by
e-mail with instructions on how to switch to paid mode in your Android
device using your license.
Alternate Installation Method: If you would rather download
file with your desktop or laptop computer instead of downloading directly
with your Android device, then here is how you can use that file to
install TuneLab on your Android device:
- Plug your Android device into the USB port of your desktop
computer. On some Android devices you may need to take additional
steps to make the Android device show up in your desktop computer, such
as when the Android device is initially configured to treat the USB
connection as "charge only."
- On your desktop computer, copy the downloaded file to the the
Downloads folder of your Android device.
- On your Android device, find the Downloads folder and tap on the
downloaded file to do the installation.
Yet another way to transfer the downloaded .apk file to your Android
device is by sending yourself an e-mail with the downloaded file as an
attachment. Then retrieve the e-mail on your Android device and
activate the attachment.